• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sued because if lien

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DMG

What is the name of your state? Colorado
I am a small contractor and I’ve filed a lien on a property for approximately 60,000.00 I attempted to revoke the permit and was denied. They bounced a check and had their own people working on the job without my permission. When the building dept investigated they somehow were convinced in their determination that I was the one to be held liable for the action of others. The people who owe me the money of course helped set this up and are now witnesses in criminal proceedings against me for code violations. At the same time they are suing me for defective construction and other damages for over 1million dollars. My question is can I counter sue for the same. If I plead no contest to the criminal charges will this affect my lien? I don’t remember the term but they are also suing me for construction delay’s because their financing in unavailable to them due to the lien. The way I’m seeing this I have everything to lose they have nothing. If they are ordered to pay its money they already owe and I will only receive a portion of this because my attorney takes a percentage. They haven’t lost anything at this point they break even. Because of the non-payment and bounced check they have set me so far back I’m having difficulty obtaining proper counsel. Any suggestions?

pojo2

Because of the non-payment and bounced check they have set me so far back I’m having difficulty obtaining proper counsel. Any suggestions?

Yes, you better find a way to find legal counsel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">