• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help filing motion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

medic230

What is the name of your state? louisisana ihad court today and pleaded not guilty for disturbing the peace i am represinting myself the judge told me i need to file a written motion to get a copy of the police report he would not give me any help on how to do that i dont know if there is a form or do i just tyoe something out i didnt think it would be this difficult to get a police report for myself

rmet4nzkx

medic230 said:
What is the name of your state? louisisana ihad court today and pleaded not guilty for disturbing the peace i am represinting myself the judge told me i need to file a written motion to get a copy of the police report he would not give me any help on how to do that i dont know if there is a form or do i just tyoe something out i didnt think it would be this difficult to get a police report for myself
Contact your local law library usually associated with your local court and ask the librian to direct you to a resource for forms and pleadings for a motion for subpoena duces tecum. Have you already asked the PD for a copy since you are a party?

medic230

yes i have they reffered my to yhe prosecuting atty. he said i have to ask judge went to court asked him &thats when he told me i have to file a written motion the cop that arrested me said i can get 1 at police station but they said no you would think since i am the party i could get a copy when i get stationed somewhere else ill never come back to lousiana again ill drive around it just to not come to this state again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">