• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Privacy invasion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Razorslam

What is the name of your state? Oregon. I was fired because of conduct July 2005
About six months ago I had a review with the Employment board finding my misconduct
a "misjudgement" because of no previous issues documented or inacted. I was found
eligible for unemployment benefits. I found out through a friend of mine (that still works
there) already knew about my being granted the benefit. I asked her how she knew she
told that my ex-boss had told everyone. Is this an invasion of privacy? Is unemployment
benefits public information? Thanks--Rz

fairisfair

your boss is not required to keep the fact that you are receiving unemployment benefits a secret. The information that he relayed was truthful and factual, even if it was poor business judgement.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
With very few exceptions, the only information that your employer is required by law to keep confidential is any medical information that he may have on you. Whether you are or are not receiving UI is not protected information; disclosure of it is not considered a legal invasion of privacy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">