• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kiarra kelley

What is the name of your state? california:mad: :mad: :mad: I work for a well known company wal-mart and recently decided Because of stress of working overnight I would prefer to work morningings and also at this time 3 months pregnant spoke with managemet but never got a response but did notice another overnight cashier went to a day shift the next month, I had a misscarage and still want to go to days because of sleeping problems . I have spoke with many members of management about my situation but all they can tell me is that my position can not be swicthed a this time the store hires all the time last week even I feel my health is more important then any job what should I do its been more than 4 months ?

S

shell007

kiarra kelley said:
What is the name of your state? california:mad: :mad: :mad: I work for a well known company wal-mart and recently decided Because of stress of working overnight I would prefer to work morningings and also at this time 3 months pregnant spoke with managemet but never got a response but did notice another overnight cashier went to a day shift the next month, I had a misscarage and still want to go to days because of sleeping problems . I have spoke with many members of management about my situation but all they can tell me is that my position can not be swicthed a this time the store hires all the time last week even I feel my health is more important then any job what should I do its been more than 4 months ?
Look for other employment OR stay where you are!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You do not get to just decide you want to work certain shifts and demand that your employer put you into them. It is not your right to work the hours you want to work.

Pregnancy is not considered a disabilty for which your employer is required to provide accomodation.

The only way your employer would be required by law to change your shifts would be if you were able to provide medical documentation that your sleeping problems constituted a disabilty under the ADA AND that changing your shift would be a reasonable accomodation AND there were openings for positions that you qualified for on the shift you wanted. But even under the ADA, your employer is not required to:

1.) Give you the shift you want
2.) Give you the shift your doctor recommends
3.) Bump someone else out of their shift to put you into it
4.) Create a job for you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">