• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not divorced but living apart....HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mlawrence

Greetings all. I have a dilmena that I'm in. My mother and father are separated. Not legally but dad is in a nursing home with Parkinson's and mom is living alone. Mom couldn't deal with dad anymore(prior to Parkinsons...abuse). However, Dad was paying Mom's rent from his SS checks. Things were working out fine until he met this woman.

She has taken him to the bank, closed out his account(joint with mom) and re-opened one in his and, we think, her name. He is now insisting he will not pay mom's rent. One of his Medicaid stipulations is that he supporting a spouse so they can't touch his SS checks.

Now what?

Any advice is appreciated.

Mike

[email protected]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mlawrence said:
Greetings all. I have a dilmena that I'm in. My mother and father are separated. Not legally but dad is in a nursing home with Parkinson's and mom is living alone. Mom couldn't deal with dad anymore(prior to Parkinsons...abuse). However, Dad was paying Mom's rent from his SS checks. Things were working out fine until he met this woman.

She has taken him to the bank, closed out his account(joint with mom) and re-opened one in his and, we think, her name. He is now insisting he will not pay mom's rent. One of his Medicaid stipulations is that he supporting a spouse so they can't touch his SS checks.

Now what?

Any advice is appreciated.

Mike

[email protected]

My response:

See Attorney, Go to Court, Get Judgment.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">