• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband's ex wife is still damaging his credit!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sg73

My husband was legally seperated from his ex wife in March of 1998 and they entered into a seperation agreement stating several different items. One of these items was entitled Debts and Obligations. It states that both parties have agreed to close all joint consumer credit accounts. The only problem is that his ex never did close them and in the past year has managed to have one credit account go into collections, and the other two are delinquent. Two of the financial institutions have taken money from my husband's account to pay her delinquent bills and that is how we found out what she has done. All three accounts were up to date and in good standing until after they seperated. My husband can't take his name off of the accounts because they are primarily hers with him as a signer.
The agreement also states that if either party breaches the agreement, then the parties agree that at the conclusion of such legal proceeding the losing party will be solely responsible for all legal fees and costs incurred by the other party. We are so frustrated at this point. His ex will not cooperate and close the accounts. At this point, even if she did close the accounts, she has ruined his credit for life. She is truly bitter about every thing. The divorce was mutual, no cheating or anything. They have a daughter from the marriage that we pay child support for. I need to know what type of lawyer to get and what type of suit to file. We have no money because we just had a baby and I am on leave. Do you have any advice, I am at the end of my rope so to speak! All of this has taken place in NC.

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">