• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court Harresment for Simple Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

invista111

What is the name of your state? NJ

While in NJ on vacation (I am form TN) I received a ticket for "Backing Against a Curb to Unload", nothing spectacular, but on the ticket it was stated that Court Appearance Required.

Could this be a form of harresment because I had a long argument with the officer about the ticket? given the circumstances, I prefer to pay it ...... anyone knows what is the wisdom behind that?

I feel the only reason is that the court would like to be able to issue a warrant if I dont pay ... help please.

The Occultist

I suggest you contact the clerk and ask if you can just plead guilty and pay. I've known courts to ignore the lack of court appearance as long as they already have your money. Not promising anything.

OGofCRIMINALLAW

Yeppers, I second the motion of Occultist. Many states allow you to pay the fine via mail in lieu of appearing in court. In fact, that info should be on the BACK of the ticket as an option, if it's available. Also you might be able to pay online too. Make the call to the New Jersey Municipal Court.

good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">