• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Improper passing on left to oncoming traffic

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

andyjeetega

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Hi,
I am 24 years old, with a totally clean driving record. I was about to make a left turn and the lane signs first indicated a left, so I moved to that lane but then it turned into a right and eventually again to a left for where I was going to make the turn. The cop pulled me over and ticketed me for improper passing. In virginia I could get upto 4 points for this. I am ready to pay the monetary fine, but do not want this violation listed on my record. Is there any way I can get that?

Here are some more details

For violating County Law under section 82-1-6(46.2-843) - Its in the fairfax county. Anyone with any thoughts on this.

Improper passing on left to oncoming traffic

Your help in this regard is appreciated.

andyjeetega

I dont exactly have a defense but I was a bit confused by the lane signs first going left only and then right only and then eventually left only again. It was the last left lane that I had to make my turn at. However I moved into the lane with the very first left only lane sign. Since I had traffic behind me I had to move on and the cop pulled me over saying that I violated the lane signs.

I have a clean driving record. Is there any way I can move it to a non-moving violation. I am ready to pay the fine but would like to somehow try and not get points on my record.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">