• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contractor did not complete job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

randyg1820

What is the name of your state?Florida
I hired a general contactor to re roof my home. The contact stated the job would be done within 6 weeks. Due to no fault of my own or lack of supplies, the supplies were at my home, after 5 months the roof was only half done and the contractor told me verbally to get someone else to complete the job. Now he wants me to pay him for what he did do and all the materials used. I did give him $1000.00 for materials up front. Do I have to pay him the balance?

moburkes

randyg1820 said:
What is the name of your state?Florida
I hired a general contactor to re roof my home. The contact stated the job would be done within 6 weeks. Due to no fault of my own or lack of supplies, the supplies were at my home, after 5 months the roof was only half done and the contractor told me verbally to get someone else to complete the job. Now he wants me to pay him for what he did do and all the materials used. I did give him $1000.00 for materials up front. Do I have to pay him the balance?
What does the contract say?

randyg1820

Its vague

It says the work is supposed to be complete within 6 weeks it doesn't really cover what happens when the work is held up by the contactors fault. I did not hold it up in any way actually quite opposite I was all over him to complete it Now he is easy to reach he wants money

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">