• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discrimination from employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leonidusa

What is the name of your state? IL

I have applied for a position within the company and my manager told me that i would not qualify for it because i am performing too good at current position and they dont want to loose such a good employee. So, another person way less qualified for position got hired.
Would it be reasonable to seek legal help on this matter?
Thank you

justalayman

I don't believe "I was too good of an employee" is a protected catagory in regards to discrimination laws.

Bottom line, the employer can promote whomever they choose as long as they do not discriminate according to the federal rules. If they want to put Jimmy Imamoron as your boss, they can. They get to direct the workforce as they see fit as long as they do not break the law and in this case, they haven't.

C

CheeseBlotto

It may not be nice, possibly not good business, but definitely not illegal.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You do not have a legal right to transfer to a new position. It is entirely up to the company how they utilize their resources. If they feel you are too valuable in your current position to move, there is nothing in the law that you can use to force them to move you.

So no, I don't think it would be reasonable to seek legal assistance.

leonidusa

Thanks

Not nice for sure, oh well too bad so sad.
Will learn how to humble myself. Thanks for your responses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">