• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I plead guilty under court supervision?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mod_xx

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I got the speeding ticket on Illinois state highway. The ticket isn't require court appearance. After I read instruction behind the ticket, I found that I have 3 options:

1) Pay $75, I plead guilty , this case will be reported to my record.
2) Pay $120, I plead guilty under court supervision for 12 months, this case won't go to my record.
3) I plead NOT guilty, find the traffic lawyer and go to court on the court date

For the $75 option, will my insurance rate increase a lot more than $45 (the difference between 75 and 120)?

For the $120 option, If it is worth, would the insurance companies be able to find out that I got the ticket when renew the insurrance? In other word, do you think it will really not reported to my driving record? :rolleyes:

For last option, I think it will cost me than $120 for lawyer fee, won't it?

What is your opinion or your selection? Please help me :)

Thank you all

Last edited:

seniorjudge

mod_xx said:
What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I got the speeding ticket on Illinois state highway. The ticket isn't require court appearance. After I read instruction behind the ticket, I found that I have 3 options:

1) Pay $75, I plead guilty , this case will be reported to my record.
2) Pay $120, I plead guilty under court supervision for 12 months, this case won't go to my record.
3) I plead NOT guilty, find the traffic lawyer and go to court on the court date

For the $75 option, will my insurance rate increase a lot more than $45 (the difference between 75 and 120)?

For the $120 option, If it is worth, would the insurance companies be able to find out that I got the ticket when renew the insurrance? In other word, do you think it will really not reported to my driving record? :rolleyes:

For last option, I think it will cost me than $120 for lawyer fee, won't it?

What is your opinion or your selection? Please help me :)

Thank you allWhat is the name of your state?

Q: For the $75 option, will my insurance rate increase a lot more than $45 (the difference between 75 and 120)?

A: Ask your carrier.

Q: For the $120 option, If it is worth, would the insurance companies be able to find out that I got the ticket when renew the insurrance?

A: Yes, it's possible.

Q: For last option, I think it will cost me than $120 for lawyer fee, won't it?

A: Yes.

Q: What is your opinion or your selection?

A: I will try door #2.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">