• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

City attorney direct Police Chief not to investigate?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Texasgal

Texas

I attended an open city council meeting. During the meeting a citizen came forward with claims that a recall petition file to remove some of the city council members contained forged signatures. It was brought to the attention of the alleged signers. Both husband and wife who are elderly, then filed a complaint with the local PD.

The council adjourned for closed session. I was standing next to our Chief of Police when the city attoney exited the closed session. He said to the Chief ... Regarding (name's) comment of forgery - Yes - I told them (points to council chamber) that I'm telling you (points at chief) not to investigate. Chief said OK and the guy walks off.

What the ??? Can the City Attorney direct the police chief not to investigate a complaint filed by a citizen? What can I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">