• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contractor did not complete job Asandoned Tractor on my property 3 years ago.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skot

What is the name of your state? Texas

The contractor I hired did not finish building my house. There are several projects that were left undone. He also left a front end loader at my back porch. I do owe him a final payment that I was to give him when the job was completed. The contractor quit paying the folks that he hired & I had to pay them. He just stopped coming. He refused to return any of my phone calls and eventually I stopped trying to get in touch with him. I moved the front end loader to the back of my property to get it out of the way and because it has a leak and killed the grass. 3 years later, and I'm just now getting grass to grow. This evening when I came home from work, there was a note stuck to the gate. He had come to pick up the front end loader and stated that he had the sheriff's department send someone out and that he would be returning later this evening with another deputy and ready to file charges for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. I found out that I could file abandonment on the front end loader but that law seemed more for cars? I remember something about that I could charge a reasonable storage fee. I called the county's impound and they stated that they charge $20 a day regardless of what the vehicle is. The last time the contractor came out was 6/25/03. I did get in touch with him once and he was to come in September 2003, but he never showed and I could not get a hold of him since. HELP!!!!!!

BelizeBreeze

help with what?

You sue him for the monies paid and the job not completed and then have your attorney file for abandonned property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">