• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Incorrect ticket info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vibe

What is the name of your state? IA

I am 24 m.I was driving on 03/17/2006 on Hwy 1 south to meet a friend that was not well. This highway happens to have a speed limit of 55mph. Also note that this is St Patty night. On my way I get stopped by a state trooper asking me if I knew why I was stopped and on my questioning I was told for speeding. He also asked me if I was drinking and I mentioned the fact that I do not drink at all. I must have been driving at 57 and might have gone up to 70mph as it is hilly in this region as I might have stepped on the peddle. On realizing that I might have gone over the limit I am given a ticket for 94mph for which I was dumbfounded and was told to contest it i would need to show up for a contestation after which i would go through a pre-trial. Also to note that my liscence is not revoked even though the ticket states 94 mph.

Contest or not?
I contest the ticket as I know I was ticketed incorrectly so the judge makes me speak to the county attorney who than set a date for 1st pretrial.

1st pre-trial.
The State trooper never shows up as he is on maternity leave as his wife has a baby, thus a second pretrial is set and a the county attorney promises that he will call up the state trooper and check the details. He also explains as to how he will check if the state trooper would lower the ticket as it is incorrect.

2nd pretrial
The county attorney tells me that trooper could not remember initially what case it was after which I am told that he recollected and remembered my case. After that I am told that there will be no reducing the speed limit in the ticket and I would have to take it to trial or pay the ticket. He also states the point that he notices a perfectly clean driving record for me as I have never got any sort of driving ticket in the past 7 yrs which states to him that I am not a reckless driver and do not have a past history of doing so. Also the attorney asked me to get any proof I had and when asked if the state trooper could provide it ,I was told that would not be able to as he nothing other than the ticket. Also they had not upgraded the radars to the ones that give a print out but it was one of the 2 way ones instead of the ones that they can check when they are stationary or moving in the opposite lane. After this a trial date was set.

Please Advise!!!!!:confused: :eek: :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">