• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

criminal speeding vs dui

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hot2trot

:eek: :eek: What is the name of your state? arizona
I was pulled over in May and given a ticket for criminal speeding and driving on a suspended license for a old speeding ticket i never went to school like I could of at that time. I have been working out of state on a contract , am a Nurse and travel for 14 week assignments. I attempted to reschedule the court date twice, but they would not extend the court date past 2 weeks of original one. I returned to AZ recently and want to resolve this. So I was told by a friend that I would have an arrest warrant since it was criminal speeding. I have never been in any kind of legal trouble, besides my tendency to attend traffic school every other year or so. I looked on the Arrest warrant info website for the az local law enforcement, and my name was on it. Yikes
However, it is listing me as a DUI, my bond is 1750 and my weight as 195 pounds. The website is http://www.mcso.org/TechnoCops/ . The actual ticket or case number on website matches exactly to my copy of the ticket. My name, dob, address is correct. However, I never have weighed over 115 in my life, and I have NEVER had a DUI. When I was pulled over , the cop ticketed me for criminal speeding (61 in a 40) and suspended license only. DUI was never even a possibility.
What should I do now? I am scared to death to go to jail. Can anyone offer any advice as to how I can fix this? thank you.What is the name of your state?

hot2trot

what to do ??

The court would not help at all over the phone. Said i had to show up and they would look into it then. But this is a pretty serious "oops " in my opinion. Big difference between speeding and DUI. I just don't know if i should attempt to resolve this alone or pay an attorney . :(

The Occultist

So what happened when you went into court to try to have this taken care of? If it's just a discrepancy, and all you're doing is trying to get it taken care of and not actually go to trial with it yet, then this shouldn't be much of a problem. You won't even see a judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">