• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

theresa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theresakuhr@yah

What is the name of your state? Michigan

my divorce was final in March of 2005. Prior to the final judgment, in October of 2004, my husband brought me into court for contempt r/t my owing him $8000.00. The judge ordered the house awarded to me to be placed for sale due to this judgment. Unknown to me or my lawyer the husband filed for bankruptsy 2 weeks before this court date in October. I was unable to pay the 8,000.00 then and prior to that r/t the fact that I lost my job during the divorce due to the stress of the divorce and harrassment from the husband and his family. My question is there any legal recourse for me in a civil court for recoupment of the lost wages or the loss of my house due to the actions of the ex and his family? Or is there any other avenue for me to pursue. thank youWhat is the name of your state?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">