• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dept Hearing for Ticket 6yrs Old - Pennsylvania

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SVTCobraLTD

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Got a letter from PennDOT stating i have a departmental hearding to attend for a traffic violation from Nov of 2000. Its almost 6 years old. Its a minior Stop Light Violation but its the point that its so long ago. Isnt there a statue of limitations on things like this?

JETX

SVTCobraLTD said:
Isnt there a statue of limitations on things like this?
Depends.... was a hearing scheduled and you failed to appear? What are the FULL facts?

SVTCobraLTD

JETX said:
Depends.... was a hearing scheduled and you failed to appear? What are the FULL facts?
I went out of the state for a few months. When i got back i forgot to tell them i got back so i could take care of this and another one. Last year i went to renew my license and they had a hold on it so they knew when i got back. At that time they scheduled me for a hearing for a speeding violation. This one was never brought up nor mentioned before.

JETX

SVTCobraLTD said:
I went out of the state for a few months. When i got back i forgot to tell them i got back so i could take care of this and another one. Last year i went to renew my license and they had a hold on it so they knew when i got back. At that time they scheduled me for a hearing for a speeding violation. This one was never brought up nor mentioned before.
And with that... you are acountable for the charge. Get ready to go to court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">