• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Passenger in a car rear ended

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kingflow4u

What is the name of your state? California. I was on my way to work with a buddy of mine from work when all of a sudden out side of our work place we get rear ended will we were trying to park. After we got out the car and the other driver came and exchanged information, i found out the my buddy doesnt have a license or car insurance. We were hit pretty hard although not much damage was done to my buddy's car, we both have terrible neck injuries. is there anything that i can do for being the passenger.?? Please help.

moburkes

kingflow4u said:
What is the name of your state? California. I was on my way to work with a buddy of mine from work when all of a sudden out side of our work place we get rear ended will we were trying to park. After we got out the car and the other driver came and exchanged information, i found out the my buddy doesnt have a license or car insurance. We were hit pretty hard although not much damage was done to my buddy's car, we both have terrible neck injuries. is there anything that i can do for being the passenger.?? Please help.
You'll need to explain better how you were rear-ended while trying to park. Potentially, both parties were at fault. If you have medical payments on YOUR auto policy, you can use that to help pay your medical bills.

kingflow4u

We were parking like parallel parking but we had enough space to jus drive into the open space. while signaling . we were already half way in the space when the other driver rear ended us. little diagram ____ ---*\ ____ . something like that. the ____ is other cars. ---* is the car that hit us and \ is the way were were going into the parking.

moburkes

kingflow4u said:
We were parking like parallel parking but we had enough space to jus drive into the open space. while signaling . we were already half way in the space when the other driver rear ended us. little diagram ____ ---*\ ____ . something like that. the ____ is other cars. ---* is the car that hit us and \ is the way were were going into the parking.
Sorry, I'm a little slow. I don't have a CLUE what you are showing me. Maybe I do, a little. You were parallel parking, and the vehicle that hit you was parked in front of the space that you were moving into? It was backing out, and you were moving forward?

BRN2005

Parking

I too am confused. Were you backing up at the time of the collision? If you were backing up, you (your friend) may well be the party at fault. Your description of the incident is just not clear.

BRN2005

Confusion

I think maybe the confusion is on your part. On June 19 you posted that you were the driver in a rear end collision. You were driving your girlfriend's car and had no license. You further stated that the girlfriend's insurance had already refused to pay damages, as you were an uninsured driver. Additionally, you stated that the B party's lawyer had already contacted you regarding going after you for damages.
Now.... you are a passenger in a friend's car that was rear ended while parking?????? And you and yur friend now have serious neck injuries??????
What gives?!?!?!
Have you ever heard of insurance fraud?!? I think you had better just settle for the damages you caused and not get yourself into more trouble, dumb ass.

Last edited:

moburkes

BRN2005 said:
I think maybe the confusion is on your part. On June 19 you posted that you were the driver in a rear end collision. You were driving your girlfriend's car and had no license. You further stated that the girlfriend's insurance had already refused to pay damages, as you were an uninsured driver. Additionally, you stated that the B party's lawyer had already contacted you regarding going after you for damages.
Now.... you are a passenger in a friend's car that was rear ended while parking?????? And you and yur friend now have serious neck injuries??????
What gives?!?!?!
Have you ever heard of insurance fraud?!? I think you had better just settle for the damages you caused and not get yourself into more trouble, dumb ass.
That was June 19, 2005, which was over 1 year ago!

BRN2005

My Mistake

Okay. I apologize, if that is correct? I did not pick up on the year difference. Please disregard my last post then.
Again, If that is correct, then you have my most sincere apologies.

kingflow4u

dumb ass??

BRN2005 said:
What gives?!?!?!

calm down buddy. insurance fruad would be nice if i got anything out of it. i had to pay for my mistakes and i did. but we werent backing up we were going foward inbetween 2 cars. we had the directional on and we were already halfway into the parking space when the collision occured. I wish i could explain it better,, but i have been going to the chiropractor and i am still in serious pain. i just cant afford to take any time off work.

kingflow4u

ecmst12 said:
Were you. Backing up. When you got hit. Or were you stopped.
we weren't backing up or stopped. we were moving forward into the parking space. just think of the opposite of parallel parking. the guy behind us didnt even brake. no brakes were heard nothing. he hit us at the speed limit while we were moving FORWARD into the space.

as a passenger what should i do or what can i do? already going to a chiropractor and still have pains. can't afford time off work but working in pain. how should i go about this?

moburkes

kingflow4u said:
we weren't backing up or stopped. we were moving forward into the parking space. just think of the opposite of parallel parking. the guy behind us didnt even brake. no brakes were heard nothing. he hit us at the speed limit while we were moving FORWARD into the space.

as a passenger what should i do or what can i do? already going to a chiropractor and still have pains. can't afford time off work but working in pain. how should i go about this?
I don't know what the opposite of parallel parking is. However, if you haven't contacted YOUR insurance company, do you have health insurance? Have you contacted the other party's insurance company?

ecmst12

Ok, if the driver wasn't backing up, then it wasn't his fault....so that's something.

But who pays for your medical treatment depends on how the no-fault laws of your state are designed. In my state (PA), if an injured passenger has his own car insurance, then that is who pays for his medical payments, regardless of fault. It may or may not be like that in your state. So contact your insurance company (if you have auto insurance) and ask them if they are supposed to cover you in this situation. Next in line (I think) would be the insurance for the driver of the car you were in, but he didn't have any so that's out. After that comes the at-fault party's auto insurance. And if they don't have auto insurance either, then your health insurance (if you have any) would cover it. BUT, your auto insurance company should be able to tell you who's responsible for your medical bills, even if they're not.

You can also file a pain and suffering claim with the at-fault party's insurance, but since this accident has a your-word-against-his aspect to it, they might give you a fight about accepting fault, especially because your friend doesn't have an insurance company to advocate for him. Worth a shot though.

kingflow4u

thank you

thanks everybody. i have contacted the party at fault insurance and he has admitted to be at fault but the told me they will only cover my chiropractic visit and the 1 day i missed work. not too happy with that because the pain hasnt gone away. well thank you guys so much and i will follow your advice. you guys are the best.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">