• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Consumption of Alcohol by a Minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zardoz5

What is the name of your state? Utah

My son was at a friends house, when a fight brole out. Police came and had everyone come outside. He asked my son if he had been drinking, he responded yes and was given a citation for consumption of alchohol by a minor. The police officer did not go in the house to see what alcohol was there, just said he smelled it on my sons breath. He did not adminster any tests, but just told my son to drive striaght home. My son is 18 years old. Was the officer right in issuing this citation?

racer72

zardoz5 said:
What is the name of your state? Utah

Was the officer right in issuing this citation?
Google the phrase "self incrimination". Your son admitted violating the law, that is all the proof the officer and a court needs. I do question his judgment of letting your son drive though.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">