• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workman Compensation Ime

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Razorslam

Oregon I was injured on the job with a severe skin dermatitis as a Surgery
Technician. I worked injured for two years before being let go. In the pursueing
Vocational review and such the hospital I worked for had the insurance company
send me to a Dr. who was spouse to one other Dr. I worked with while on the job.
I had waive my rights to my medical records before I asked to not be seen by this clinic
Dr. My question is it legal for the medical clinic to use my records in my case once I asked not to be seen after my request? (My request was honored but hesitantly)

seniorjudge

Razorslam said:
Oregon I was injured on the job with a severe skin dermatitis as a Surgery
Technician. I worked injured for two years before being let go. In the pursueing
Vocational review and such the hospital I worked for had the insurance company
send me to a Dr. who was spouse to one other Dr. I worked with while on the job.
I had waive my rights to my medical records before I asked to not be seen by this clinic
Dr. My question is it legal for the medical clinic to use my records in my case once I asked not to be seen after my request? (My request was honored but hesitantly)
Q: My question is it legal for the medical clinic to use my records in my case once I asked not to be seen after my request?

A: I am not clear what that means. Explain.

Razorslam

medical records

They have used my records to get the Dr. who has seen my skin to lower the rating of my injury from a Class 2 to a class 1. They used the Dr. at this clinic (who is the wife of a Dr. who I was on the job with). The insurance companys' lawyer had made a deal comparision on the lower rating. I'm not clear as to who makes the judgment of severity
of problems (with my skin) but it seems to me that if I don't want to be seen by a Dr. because of privacy the clinic should not use the clinic information they had received. I think I'm answering my own question, but the does the employer get to choose an Intermediate
Medical Exam Dr. or is chosen by the state of Oregon I know the insurance company has a list of Dr.'s but I feel I'm being shortchanged on indemnity.:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">