• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anmango35

What is the name of your state? California
My front yard (lawn) sits higher than my neighbor. His house has a basement and sits next to my front yard (it is a very old house that is probably over 100 years old. FYI: my house was built about 4 years ago). Probably because it was built a long time ago, the house is only around 6 inches (not 6 feet) away from the property line. My neighbor has just moved in about three months ago and is now claiming some damages (such as carpet and wall) and demanding that I pay for the repair. They claim that water from my front lawn somehow sips into their basement and some wall section and causes the damage. Again, he and his family have just moved in there about three months ago. They should have been informed of the condition of the house when they bought it. I never had any complaint from the previous owner because if the problem is really there, then it has been there for a long time. I feel:confused like being harassed by their constant demand to fix these problems everytime we come across each other.

What should I do? Please advise.

What is the name of your state? California

JETX

anmango35 said:
What should I do?
Depends on what you WANT to do.
Your options:
1) Go ahead and pay them.
2) Ignore them until they either provide some PROOF that something you did recently is causing their problem or you are contacted by an attorney.

Of course, I know what MY decision would be.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">