• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Squirrel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

InkBlot

What is the name of your state? AL
If a person swerved to miss a squirrel that subsequently caused an accident (or minor pile-up), could that person sue the people whos yard the squirrel came out of?
AHA...you tell it like it is and therefore you are my hero!!

InkBlot

Thanks...I just thought I would ask.
Do you or anyone else here know if there has ever been a case like what I mentioned?

angiesmom

InkBlot said:
Do you or anyone else here know if there has ever been a case like what I mentioned?
Well, in Minnesota a lot of people hit deer. But I personally have never heard of anyone who even thought of wanting to sue the people whose yard the deer ran out of! lol

justalayman

InkBlot said:
I don't know but if they ever get it through a court, I'm heading to court about the deer around here. $2000 damage from a deer attack sucks.

angiesmom

justalayman said:
I don't know but if they ever get it through a court, I'm heading to court about the deer around here. $2000 damage from a deer attack sucks.

Ugghhh... I know first hand just how bad it sucks!! I totaled my car by hitting a damn deer! But you can't hold a property owner responsible for wild animals actions. If you live in an area where the likelyhood of hitting an animal is high, then make sure you have comp. coverage with a low deductible...

moburkes

justalayman said:
No, I think the claim would have to be against Mother Nature.
Nope.

If the driver HIT the squirrel, then it would be a comprehensive claim, because we cannot control or predict the actions of an animal. That would not be the driver's fault. But since the driver, of their own free will, avoided the animal, and caused an accident, THAT accident is considered to be the drivers fault.

ALWAYS hit the animal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">