• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Create The Risk of MVA!?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kyle5077

Hello, Im from NJ and I just got ticketed for the most BS thing ever. Apparently a cop saw my friend open and shut his door (because it wasnt shut all the way) at a red light at an intersection (note is 1am, so there is noone else around.)

So apparently he decides to follow me (but i didnt see he was behind me) then my friend sitting in the front seat was having an argument with my other friend in the back, and he made what apparently was a throwing motion out his window, and the cop decided to pull me over. He kept bitching that my friend through something out the window (even though he didnt) and then accused us all to be on drugs (which of corse we wernt) and he ended up giving me a ticket for "Create the risk of MVA" ...what ever that means?

I cant find any info for this online, and the courts are closed for the 4th so I wont be able to find out anything for a few days. Anyone ever hear of this? I can find any reference to it online at all. The Statute No. is written as 4-56...if that helps at all.

Lmk what you guys think

efflandt

Was there something more specific about the statute? 39:4-56 is "Delaying traffic" $48 fine. Or if he is dyslexic, maybe he meant 39:4-65 which is "Letting off or taking on passengers other than at curb" (same fine). Did he think there was a risk someone might exit when your friends were fighting and cause a motor vehicle accident (MVA?)?

Ask at a police station what the ticket means.

kyle5077

Ok, so apparently it is for "delaying traffic" which i dont see how it happened since it was 1am, and we were teh only ones on the road (not to mention idk how putting your arms out the window delays traffic...)

Think i should fight it? or just pay the $54?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">