• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of Town

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ohiostate

What is the name of your state? Missouri. My wife and I will be getting a divorce. I am living 4 hours out of town. Is it better to get a lawyer where the divorce filing will be or out of town where I am living? Any advice? I have been waffling on this one.

LdiJ

ohiostate said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri. My wife and I will be getting a divorce. I am living 4 hours out of town. Is it better to get a lawyer where the divorce filing will be or out of town where I am living? Any advice? I have been waffling on this one.
Unless you want to pay some pretty hefty travel expenses plus an extra 8 hours of the attorneys time every time he/she has to go to court....you would be better off hiring one in the town where the divorce will be filed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">