• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brando7164

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Hey,

I was just wondering if there is a statute of limitations on filing an insurance claim in Georgia. I was involved in an auto accident and my insurance company told me that the other party had not filed a claim the last time i spoke with them. Do they have a limited time to do this or should i just pray that they never do and forget about it?

Thanks. Brandon

S

shell007

Brando7164 said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

Hey,

I was just wondering if there is a statute of limitations on filing an insurance claim in Georgia. I was involved in an auto accident and my insurance company told me that the other party had not filed a claim the last time i spoke with them. Do they have a limited time to do this or should i just pray that they never do and forget about it?

Thanks. Brandon
The basic statute of limitations for personal injuries in Georgia is two (2) years. For damage to property (i.e., damage to your car) the statute of limitations is four (4) years.

Go here for more information:
http://www.crimbassler.com/CM/Custom/TOCFAQs.asp

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">