• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stuck in troubleville(HELP!!)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lyin'Eyes

I have recently become involved with a married woman. I live in Virginia. She has three children (7)(8) and (2) and has been married for four(4) years. She has been abused by her husband both mentally and physically for most of the time they have been together, but has no evidence of that now i.e. filed police reports. They have a house together but she wants nothing but her car and child support from him. He has no proof of her infadelity. What does she have to do during the divorce process to permit my seeing her. We want to get ourself established as soon as possible. Do we have to wait until the divorce is final before we can be together again? I am not too familiar with Virginia laws. I have been told with appeals and paperwork divorces can take months. Do I have to wait that long to be with her again or can we see each other during the divorce proceedings? Can he use me against her in court if I am known? In case you are wondering why I don't take charge and pay for the children instead of her getting child support, is the fact that I am 19 and she is 27 and I do not make enough money to support all five of us. We need some of his money. He owes it too her.

[Edited by Lyin'Eyes on 12-25-2000 at 02:57 PM]

D

djdj

Stay away from this woman.... because hubby will try and kill you for messin with his property.

are you ready for that?

Also she should NOT ask for child support YOU should pay for it...WHY????? then hubby would have visitaion rights and more chances to kill you for stealing his wife.

OK the 2 other kids 7 &8 different father??? ........... so where is he?

sorry man.. just trying to be realistic,

L

LadyBlu

Ho Ho Ho

djdj said:
Stay away from this woman.... because hubby will try and kill you for messin with his property.

are you ready for that?

Also she should NOT ask for child support YOU should pay for it...WHY????? then hubby would have visitaion rights and more chances to kill you for stealing his wife.

OK the 2 other kids 7 &8 different father??? ........... so where is he?

sorry man.. just trying to be realistic,

Jeeez, what a way to make someones Christmas...

For legal information regarding divorce do's and dont's gp to this site:

http://www.divorcesource.com/info/divorcelaws/virginia.shtml

If you read htis closely, it would be wise to stay away from her until the divorce is final. She also needs to have proof of the abuse if she doesnt want to wait so long for the divorce.
Happy Holidays...

LegalBeagle

Lyin'Eyes said:
I have recently become involved with a married woman. I live in Virginia. She has three children (7)(8) and (2) and has been married for four(4) years. She has been abused by her husband both mentally and physically for most of the time they have been together, but has no evidence of that now i.e. filed police reports. They have a house together but she wants nothing but her car and child support from him. He has no proof of her infadelity. What does she have to do during the divorce process to permit my seeing her. We want to get ourself established as soon as possible. Do we have to wait until the divorce is final before we can be together again? I am not too familiar with Virginia laws. I have been told with appeals and paperwork divorces can take months. Do I have to wait that long to be with her again or can we see each other during the divorce proceedings? Can he use me against her in court if I am known? In case you are wondering why I don't take charge and pay for the children instead of her getting child support, is the fact that I am 19 and she is 27 and I do not make enough money to support all five of us. We need some of his money. He owes it too her.

[Edited by Lyin'Eyes on 12-25-2000 at 02:57 PM]
Oh man.. your 19 for *%^$ sake.. you want to be tied down with 3 children and all the sh*t that this is going to bring you ? I can only assume that this is your first relationship and that you were a virgin prior to this. It is a common thing for a young man to want to give the world to the woman who takes his cherry.

Also, stats show that people who are abused desperately need space and independance when they come out of a relationship.

In response to the legal question.. if he gets proof of her adultery, she could get screwed big time in the divorce. VA is big on that.. Keep your pecker in your pants and keep out of this before her man beats the sh*t out of you..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">