• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attorney Before Mediation ???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ohiostate

What is the name of your state? MO. My wife and I are going to see a mediator about creating a settlement agreement, parenting plan, etc. When should obtain an attorney/lawyer? What is the best advice on this? At this point, we seem to be in agreement on most things except MAYBE alimony.

LdiJ

ohiostate said:
What is the name of your state? MO. My wife and I are going to see a mediator about creating a settlement agreement, parenting plan, etc. When should obtain an attorney/lawyer? What is the best advice on this? At this point, we seem to be in agreement on most things except MAYBE alimony.
If you can truly come to a full agreement in mediation, then it might not be necessary to hire an attorney. You could submit the paperwork to the court yourselves, perhaps even with the assistance of the mediator.

If you CANNOT come to a full agreement in mediation, then that is the point where it would probably be best to hire an attorney....EACH of you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">