• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will i loose it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Road Hog

What is the name of your state? Il

i was pulled over july 5th around 3am for speeding 73 in a 55 this is my 2nd Traffic violation in a little over a year. I am 18, if i just plead guilty and i pay the fine is their a risk of my Driver LC being Revocted. ive done some research but Its all very Vague. or must i attend the Driver school.

efflandt

See http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/rules_of_the_road/rr_chap06.html and scroll down to Suspension. Apparently 2 violations within 24 months if under age 21 result in suspension (for at least a month, but I forget where I read that).

I don't know if pleading guilty and asking for court supervision can get you out of that. You would still have to pay the fine, and maybe an extra fee, but would not go on your record if no other violations for next 90 days. You might even check out the website for whatever court involved to see if they have a form for court supervision. You can only do that once every 12 months.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">