• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal DEA Task Force

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Seana

My husband was arrested in Manhattan a week ago in a DEA Taskforce investigation. He is an Israeli citizen with a work permit. He was arrested on a complaint made by a federal informant and has not yet been indicted. There is a warrant out of Maryland where the informant was originally arrested and flipped. He does not understand all of his rights and upon arrest at a restaurant - waived his rights when agents asked him if they could search his hotel room. In a room registered to him they allegedly found 30,000 tablets of MDMA. What is my first step in helping him? He has never been arrested for drugs before and now his immigration status is being questioned? This is a big mess and I am in shock! Should I get an INS atty first or the federal defense atty? He was denied bail because he was considered a flight risk (being from Israel). Doesn't his marriage to me mean anything to the judge? What type of penalties or sentencing is he facing if he is indicted and found guilty? If he is guilty how can we find out if he can make a deal with the US Fed Prosecutor? I will fight to the end for him and I need advise ASAP....time is running out! Help!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">