• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JDivine

What is the name of your state? FL

I have been married for 2 years. We have recently seperated but nothing is legal yet. We just live apart. I have asked him for a divorce several times and he just tells me no. I dont have a lot of money to pay a lawyer for a divorce and I wouldnt even know where to go! Im only 21 and I dont know much about any of this. I thought we were in love and aparently all he cares about is getting his green card. Im not sure what to do because I do not want to be in trouble with INS and I know he is trying to put his paperwork through even though we are no longer together. If anyone could offer some advice it would be greatly appreciated!!What is the name of your state?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
JDivine said:

I have been married for 2 years. We have recently seperated but nothing is legal yet. We just live apart. I have asked him for a divorce several times and he just tells me no. I dont have a lot of money to pay a lawyer for a divorce and I wouldnt even know where to go! Im only 21 and I dont know much about any of this. I thought we were in love and aparently all he cares about is getting his green card. Im not sure what to do because I do not want to be in trouble with INS and I know he is trying to put his paperwork through even though we are no longer together. If anyone could offer some advice it would be greatly appreciated!!What is the name of your state?
INS is going to want a second interview. At that interview you need to tell the truth. You also need to let INS know if you KNOW that your husband lied in any of the papers.

LdiJ

JDivine said:

If you want a divorce you can get one whether he agrees or not. It would be better to have an attorney but if you absolutely cannot afford one you can represent yourself.

Are there any children or significant assets involved?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">