• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3boys2care4

What is the name of your state? sc
i left my husband 3 months ago.he was husband number 2 and was my sons stepfather he was very verbaly abusive to my children . he was physicaly abusive to them also.he never abused me.i just couldnt take him mistreating my kids.i want to know if i stand a chance of getting a divorce on the fact he abused my kids.i really want this over as soon as possible for my boys.i have proof that he abused themand hhis own child also.thank you for any help you may offer.

nextwife

You should have left him the very first time he ever touched one of your kids! If you allowed the abuse to continue (failed to report, etc.), you are as bad as he is.

3boys2care4

nextwife said:
You should have left him the very first time he ever touched one of your kids! If you allowed the abuse to continue (failed to report, etc.), you are as bad as he is.
first offf i came here for legal advise not personal feelings......second i didnt know what was going on at first . when i found out i did leave. we were only married a little over a year.i did not come here to be judged but thank you anyway.
i know sc does allow fault divoce i just dont know if my situation would even be considered a fault or not.

ceara19

3boys2care4 said:
first offf i came here for legal advise not personal feelings......second i didnt know what was going on at first . when i found out i did leave. we were only married a little over a year.i did not come here to be judged but thank you anyway.
i know sc does allow fault divoce i just dont know if my situation would even be considered a fault or not.
LEGALLY, you are just as bad as your husband. When you first became aware of the abuse, why did you not report it to the police?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
3boys2care4 said:
As Ceara and Nextwife said, you are LEGALLY as bad as he is. You allowed the abuse to continue for a year-- either verbally or physically. You didn't leave when he first verbally abused your kids? How long did you know him before you married him? Does it matter if you can prove fault or not if you just want out?

nextwife

What difference, poster, is proving fault going to make anyway for a one year marriage? Just file for divorce and move on.

Silverplum

nextwife said:
What difference, poster, is proving fault going to make anyway for a one year marriage? Just file for divorce and move on.
Bet you a buck she thinks she'll get alimony or a "better settlement" if she can prove fault.

3boys2care4

Silverplum said:
We have GOT to stop looking for logic where it does not exist! :D

Eh, I dunno. It's just my bet. And I wisely only bet a buck. ;)
no i dont want anything from him.....i just want my divorce so my kids dont have to deal with this crap anymore**************he has the house the car and everything in the housee. i had to start all over agianhe has no job anyway so why would i want anything .i just want to get rid of him forever**************..im really sorry i asked u guys for any advice at all

3boys2care4

Shay-Pari'e said:
People really need to look at your posting history on this site.
ill give u a wrap up.....i am a single mom with 3 boys to support,i am also legaly blind and my childrens father dont pay child support.....i got stuck in this marriage b/c i made a mistake and thought i knew this guy.....we have been friends for 17 years but he changed and as soon as i realized what was going on i left**************.thats all there is to it.i am trying to look out for my childrens best intrest and my being married to him aint it.....if i have to wait this year out thats fine**************.i was just seeing if that was my only option.

nextwife

3boys2care4 said:
he has the house the car and everything in the housee. i had to start all over agianhe has no job anyway so why would i want anything
You and should each be entitled to take back with you whatever you brought to the marriage. Does he have the house, car (although WHY a legally blind person would want a car, I'm not sure) and most of the stuff because it was already his when you two married a year ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">