• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Claim Re-Opened

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

regia82

Hi im from Arkansas, and my question was : Can you still follow up a claim even though i sold my car? Here is the deal, My insurance took pictures of my car when i still had it and then I asked them if I could sell my car and still receive my claim money (which I was not at fault) and he said sure as long as we have the pictures. I proceed and sold the car weeks later. I waited a month for the insurance to call me back and let me know about my claim. I finally called and he said he was still waiting for the police report which was not received yet . So I went and get a copy and send it to him. A couple of weeks past by and my insurance called me saying that the other driver did have insurance after all (which the other driver didnt have at the day of the accident) so he transfered me to the other driver's insurance and now the other insurance wants to take pictures to proceed once again with the claim. I do not have my car anymore, but the guy who bought my car is a friend of mine and he said it was ok to get the pictures again. Can I still do that? Would I get in trouble?

seniorjudge

regia82 said:
Hi im from Arkansas, and my question was : Can you still follow up a claim even though i sold my car? Here is the deal, My insurance took pictures of my car when i still had it and then I asked them if I could sell my car and still receive my claim money (which I was not at fault) and he said sure as long as we have the pictures. I proceed and sold the car weeks later. I waited a month for the insurance to call me back and let me know about my claim. I finally called and he said he was still waiting for the police report which was not received yet . So I went and get a copy and send it to him. A couple of weeks past by and my insurance called me saying that the other driver did have insurance after all (which the other driver didnt have at the day of the accident) so he transfered me to the other driver's insurance and now the other insurance wants to take pictures to proceed once again with the claim. I do not have my car anymore, but the guy who bought my car is a friend of mine and he said it was ok to get the pictures again. Can I still do that? Would I get in trouble?
Q: Can I still do that?

A: Ask the insurance carrier. Be upfront and honest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">