• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need legal advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

longest divorce

I'm in cal. My question is, when the judge makes his ruling on how much my ex owes me from the house, my ex is going to appeal it again. Is there a way to execute on the money he owes me and get him to pay me even if he does appeal or do I have to wait? My ex is using every stall tactic to avoid having to pay me the money.

seniorjudge

longest divorce said:
I'm in cal. My question is, when the judge makes his ruling on how much my ex owes me from the house, my ex is going to appeal it again. Is there a way to execute on the money he owes me and get him to pay me even if he does appeal or do I have to wait? My ex is using every stall tactic to avoid having to pay me the money.
What do you mean by "...appeal it again...."?

Shay-Pari'e

longest divorce said:
You have to wait. You cannot collect if he files an appeal.

LdiJ

Shay-Pari'e said:
Also, how does she know what the judge will rule? I'm confused.
I think she means that no matter what amount the judge orders that her stbx is going to appeal.

Bali Hai

LdiJ said:
I think she means that no matter what amount the judge orders that her stbx is going to appeal.
Yeap, and what she really needs is another sugar daddy if she can find one. They are hard to come by these days.

Bali Hai said:
Yeap, and what she really needs is another sugar daddy if she can find one. They are hard to come by these days.
A hard man is good to find. Oh, wait! A good man is hard to find! My mistake.

Bali Hai

cissycicle said:
A hard man is good to find. Oh, wait! A good man is hard to find! My mistake.
Jesus! I heard that one in high school. Around ten years ago~ It's sooo hard to remember.

Shay-Pari'e

Bali Hai said:

You should know Bali.

Talk about reading something into a post, that is not there. Bali, you have way to much time on your hands.

Shay-Pari'e

cissycicle said:
Hey, shay! Wanna join the party? It's not that "hard" to get in!
Let me think about it for a second.

You are old, scarred, in bad health and ready to stroke out.

so I will decline.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">