• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Comp or Collision Claim? (California)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slimjim05

What is the name of your state? California.

Here's the story. I'm driving on the far right lane of the freeway. I see a metal thing ahead of me. I was going abou 65 mph, I couldn't switch lanes or stop safely to avoid hitting it, so I ran over the sucker and as a result messed up my car.

My question is, is running over or into an object to prevent an accident considered a comprehensive or collision claim? If collision, is my scenario going to be an At Fault Claim on me?

slimjim05

If someone knows of a site that list accidents that would considered a comp or collision, that would be great.

moburkes

slimjim05 said:
If someone knows of a site that list accidents that would considered a comp or collision, that would be great.
Its collison. Comprehensive is theft, vandalism, acts of nature (like flood, wind, etc), or hitting an animal. Generally, you are NOT in your vehicle for a comp claim (except hitting an animal).

Collision: ANY accident.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">