• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alex19

I am considering seeking legal services, I was suspended for 2 days for allegations of insubordination, which never happen. What took place was me exercising my Weingarten Rights, after I requested Union Representation, I was told to have someone come in. I completed my duties and later found out through a phone call that I was being suspended for 2 days for refusing to attend a meeting. Now the matter is in a grievance process, I was recently advised that Adminstration accussed me of making a rude gesture to them on camera, however they claim to have erased or lost the tape. The incident never happen I would like to pursue a case for harrassement and possibly slander. Any advise?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

It seems you DO know your rights and are well aware of the regulations concerning those rights. As for slander, I am not sure what was said, but if they attacked your business or profession directly or accused you of moral turpitude, then you may very well have a slander case.

I suggest you hire an employment labor law attorney who will help you through the grievance process/perhaps have the situation come to a timely end.

Try either http://www.attorneypages.com or call your state bar association and ask for lawyer referral.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">