• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i own the land,son owns the mobile home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

darthdeb

What is the name of your state? ohio i gave my son the title to a mobile home 5 yrs ago,he has since moved away and now he wants to rent the trailer,can i stop that? also he built a shed on my property and says its still his, who owns the building? he is threatning to burn both the building and the mobile home what can i do to protect my property?

Last edited:

JETX

darthdeb said:
i gave my son the title to a mobile home 5 yrs ago,he has since moved away and now he wants to rent the trailer,can i stop that?
Nope. It is his trailer. However, you can certainly demand that he remove his trailer from YOUR land.

also he built a shed on my property and says its still his, who owns the building?
Once a tenant fixes a building or other (semi-)permanent fixture to land... it becomes the property of the landowner. It is yours.

he is threatning to burn both the building and the mobile home what can i do to protect my property?
Gee, sounds like a really nice son you have there.....
You are going to have to follow your state laws in eviction notice and formal eviction proceedings (if necessary).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">