• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer malpratice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Citrine

What is the name of your state? Maine .I hired a lawyer because I had a Judgement against me.He at first tried too get the initial judgement lowered>he did,however it was still way too much money for me too come up,and I told him this.I then told him that I wanted too file Bankrupcty.He told me to gather certain papers and data too determine wether I could or not.I waited and waited too hear from him.I finally called his office and asked the secretary to have himm call me.In all Iv'e called his office 3 or 4 times.I still have not received a call back from him or any correspondence to let me know what is going on.Therefore I continue too have my paycheck garnished and am so afraid they may try and take my property.Should I now write him?Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

garrula lingua

Go, seek a consultation with a(nother) bankruptcy attorney.

Don't just wait on this atty - he wasn't hired for the BK. so just call your State or local Bar Association and ask for the names of a few BK attys.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">