• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was hit my a Drunk Driver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

charger2005

What is the name of your state? Pa

I was driving home last night, and I was traveling north. There was another car in the southbound land driving (on the wrong side of the road) right next to me! Then without warning, the lady jerked the steering wheel and her passenger side smashed my drivers side, sending my car over a sidewalk, running down a street sign and getting stuck on the sidewalk. The lady seemed very nice at first, but she wanted to just exchange info and leave, but in the state of Pa, you lose your license if you leave the scene with property damage. The cops showed up, and the next thing I know is she is in handcuffs and the cop said that she was drunk. Here to find out, she was driving on the wrong side of the road, trying to turn on to her road where she lived, and apparently thought that she was on the correct side and hit me. She got the dui within walking distance from her house. My question is, if someone is intoxicated and an accident results, and in a case like this, will that lady's insurance company (Nationwide) give me a hard time, or will they cooperate? I only had liability on my car, so I didnt have full coverage, and I was sober.

moburkes

charger2005 said:
What is the name of your state? Pa

I was driving home last night, and I was traveling north. There was another car in the southbound land driving (on the wrong side of the road) right next to me! Then without warning, the lady jerked the steering wheel and her passenger side smashed my drivers side, sending my car over a sidewalk, running down a street sign and getting stuck on the sidewalk. The lady seemed very nice at first, but she wanted to just exchange info and leave, but in the state of Pa, you lose your license if you leave the scene with property damage. The cops showed up, and the next thing I know is she is in handcuffs and the cop said that she was drunk. Here to find out, she was driving on the wrong side of the road, trying to turn on to her road where she lived, and apparently thought that she was on the correct side and hit me. She got the dui within walking distance from her house. My question is, if someone is intoxicated and an accident results, and in a case like this, will that lady's insurance company (Nationwide) give me a hard time, or will they cooperate? I only had liability on my car, so I didnt have full coverage, and I was sober.
This one is pretty simple. Call her insurance company and file the claim. As long as she has insurance, there should be no problems.

At the beginning of your description it sounds as if she is driving towards you. But apparently she is driving beside you on your drivers side in the lane meant for oncoming traffic. Is that what you are trying to say?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">