• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

leg to stand on?????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zowiedog

What is the name of your state? calif

i need help ,my husband and i were married june 22, 1996. about 7-8 yrs later i found out he is still leagally married to his ex. the diforce papers were not leagally filled.can criminal charges be brought against him?also admitted to tricking me into signing away all rights when we bought our house.he is getting ready to refinance the house ,nothing is in my name except gas, electric and phone allthough i have contributed to monthly household bills .am i entitled to any of the refinance money .i just want to get on with my life he is getting everything we have built together .is that fair?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
zowiedog said:
What is the name of your state? calif

i need help ,my husband and i were married june 22, 1996. about 7-8 yrs later i found out he is still leagally married to his ex. the diforce papers were not leagally filled.can criminal charges be brought against him?also admitted to tricking me into signing away all rights when we bought our house.he is getting ready to refinance the house ,nothing is in my name except gas, electric and phone allthough i have contributed to monthly household bills .am i entitled to any of the refinance money .i just want to get on with my life he is getting everything we have built together .is that fair?
What he did is called bigamy and there are laws against that. You can try to press charges against him. As for tricking you into signing away all rights -- if it is marital property you are still entitled to half the equity in it. File the papers and ask that NOTHING be allowed to be done with any of the property until it is divided.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">