• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Firing Contigency Fee Attorney - Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

charles2020

:confused: Firing Contigency Fee Attorney Texas

My attorney is in Texas. He’s not responsive, has not filed claims that I requested, has not come up with an action plan in one year for my business litigation case, has not done any depositions, I’m running out of time for statue of limitation, I’ve asked repeadrly for a plan and how he plans to move the case forward and everytime he says he will.

Well right now what he did is only file one claim instead several that I asked, he said he would and has not and is trying to go to trial for that one claim. I’ve documented everytime that I emailed and asked for plan of action and other claims etc… so I want to fire him… how ever in the agreement it does not say what his hourly fee is and I’m worried he’s going to say he spend time on things he did not.

So how do I prepare my self to fire him, and when he does make false claims of doing things he’
S not done how do I dispute the claim?

Also if he tries to claim my 35K breech of contract claims, which was a given then how do I stop him, since he’s not even done a depo yet and not done things I want… what is the law in state of texas and how do I handle this??What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">