• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Falling Tree... no more car...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jvd34PA

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My current car insurance is minimal because the car is 10 yrs old. The neighbor's tree fell over, fell across the street to where my car was parked, and buried it.

The car is totalled, and this type of claim is not covered on my insurance.

Can the owner of the tree be liable and place a claim? How do I go about getting a claim started??

jvd34PA

What caused the tree to fall

High winds due to the crazy t-storm activity in the past few weeks. The tree did not come out roots and all though... and the tree was about 5 feet in diameter at the spot where it broke in two.

weenor

jvd34PA said:
High winds due to the crazy t-storm activity in the past few weeks. The tree did not come out roots and all though... and the tree was about 5 feet in diameter at the spot where it broke in two.
Then probably not. In order to collect from them you must be able to show that somehow it was their fault.

moburkes

jvd34PA said:
That would be act of nature, which is covered by comprehensive. Since you didn't have the coverage, there is nothing that you can do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">