• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My attorney is a moron!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jgd$55k

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I have been going through a personal injury claim with what I believe to be an incompetent attorney.

After over 16 months of dealing with this moron, I am getting fed up!

The last straw came two weeks ago, after over 14 months of waiting on the insurance company to make an out of court offer, we finally get an incredibly low an insulting offer of much less than $8k. My attorney all along had been clearly indicating:
- The case would settle for AT LEAST $20k...
- Would be wrapped no later than this past March... I have this in writing...
- "Claimed" he was "...Very, very good at negotiations"... once an offer has been made.

So, in late June, the claims adjuster throws out $7,500 and my attorney caves in saying this is the best I should expect.

"I don't know what to do!" he whinned to me!

That wouldn't be so bad execpt he led me and my family to expect a larger number...

I have repeatedly asked for a copy of his offer and have yet to receive one...

Further more he has:
Admitted to a drinking problem "... Hey, I quit drinking!..."
Admitted to having his bank accounts emptied by the IRS...

So I am wondering if there is the posibility of fraud on his part.:confused:

This whole thing has made me nutz!!:eek:

Any advice will be appreciated!What is the name of your state?

Last edited:

jgd$55k

Thanks!

rmet4nzkx said:
Contact the bar association.
I fully intend to contact the NC Bar Association and file a greivance. :mad:
Have been advised to wait until this case is finalized as he could make things
worse than they are already.

jgd$55k

My question...

You Are Guilty said:
Thanks for sharing. Do you have a question for us?
Sorry for rambling here...

One question is: Do I have a right to see a copy of the offer Atty Moron submitted on my behalf earlier this year to the insurance adjuster?

I have asked repeatedly asked and not received...

Is there an appearance of possible fiscal fraud here?
ie Could he and his buddy the claims adjuster be in colusion?:confused:

ecmst12

Doesn't seem likely. He doesn't benefit if you get less money. If you get more, he gets more. Get it?

jgd$55k

ecmst12 said:
Doesn't seem likely. He doesn't benefit if you get less money. If you get more, he gets more. Get it?
I get it. But the IRS has a fire under his butt big time. Since he has established himself in the minds of many as a liar and a greedy, incompent professional, a "deal" between him and his "buddy" the claims adjuster to move much larger amounts of $$ into a ghost account in, say, his para legal's account is plausible.

A corrupt attorney and slick, greedy claims adjuster could easily work something out. Or so I have heard. :eek:

runway123

I am not an attorney but wouldn't all of this constitute grounds for hiring a new attorney, since he obviously misrepresented himself and is in a financial fiasco.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
runway123 said:
I am not an attorney but wouldn't all of this constitute grounds for hiring a new attorney, since he obviously misrepresented himself and is in a financial fiasco.
You don't have to have "grounds" to hire a new lawyer. Just remember who the customer is!

janedoe23

Are you coming up with this

jgd$55k said:
I get it. But the IRS has a fire under his butt big time. Since he has established himself in the minds of many as a liar and a greedy, incompent professional, a "deal" between him and his "buddy" the claims adjuster to move much larger amounts of $$ into a ghost account in, say, his para legal's account is plausible.

A corrupt attorney and slick, greedy claims adjuster could easily work something out. Or so I have heard. :eek:
Because you didn't get this

jgd$55k said:
The last straw came two weeks ago, after over 14 months of waiting on the insurance company to make an out of court offer, we finally get an incredibly low an insulting offer of much less than $8k. My attorney all along had been clearly indicating:
- The case would settle for AT LEAST $20k...
- Would be wrapped no later than this past March... I have this in writing...
- "Claimed" he was "...Very, very good at negotiations"... once an offer has been made.
I think what it boils down to is you and your family have dreamed about what you planned to do with the money but now that it is lower then you were expecting it's fraud.:rolleyes: Attorney’s don’t always get what they want for a case! You can stomp your feet all you want but that’s just the facts and something you have to deal with.

jgd$55k said:
That wouldn't be so bad except he led me and my family to expect a larger number...
Just exactly what were your injuries anyway?

jgd$55k

janedoe23 said:
Are you coming up with this

Just exactly what were your injuries anyway?
Thank you for your reply! No, I am not making any of this up...

I had a "closed head injury" or soft tissue concussion that disabled me for over a year
and I was unable to work. Finally healed, but over a year with little or no income has been devastating.

Was taking several medications, etc....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">