• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

R/D in Covington, VA 93/65

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

krazyk011

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I was pulled over and cited for 93 in a 65. the ticket read 93/65 MR. what does the MR stand for? I have a court date in August. I also carry a washington state driver's license, and have for the last 6 years. i have no prior tickets. i know virginia is tough on speeding, but has anyone had any luck at this speed? i am in the military. is there anything i can do to get this reduced? I have not been to any driver saftey schools here in virginia. i am worried this will mess up my life for me when i get out of the service since this is a class 1 misdemeanor. should i get my speedometer calibrated? also, i am not sure how he clocked me, and i didn't see any radar gun reading. i know i was speeding, but am not sure the exact speed i was going. any advise would greatly help! Thanks

K

The Occultist

Sounds like you have no valid defense. Take your clean driving record to court, and try to strike some kind of deal with the prosecutor.

Also, being in the military means nothing. The courts are another place where military discounts are not honored, I'm afraid.

krazyk011

would it be better to get an attorney and involve the prosecuter? if i don't get an attorney, its just me and the officer go up to the bench and talk to the judge. is this correct information?

Absolutely get a good attorney -- you are risking a few days or weekends in jail and a record that can block employment.

I'd guess MR means measured by radar but it is a guess.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">