• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket : Polk County, FL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

weso18

What is the name of your state? Florida

Received a speeding ticket....79 in a 70 zone.
I can not take a class to keep points off license because I have a CDL. FL just does not permit it. Was driving personal vechicle when I was pulled over and up untill now my license is 100% clean. I'm hoping someone would have any suggestions to getting around having points put on my license. Such as going to court...what is the proceedure is for that. Do I go in front of a magistrate judge and plead not guilty, and then go back to court again to try and make a plea with a prosecuter?

weso18

The Occultist said:
No, the plea bargain must be made BEFORE you say guilty or not guilty.
How might I go about trying to get myself a plea bargain then? It was my understanding (please correct me if im wrong) that you can't plea bargain with the magistrate judge.

lwpat

It will be worth your time to hire one of the many "ticket clinics" in Florida. It is very important to keep your record clean from an employment and auto insurance standpoint. Send me an email if you need a recommendation.

weso18

lwpat said:
It will be worth your time to hire one of the many "ticket clinics" in Florida. It is very important to keep your record clean from an employment and auto insurance standpoint. Send me an email if you need a recommendation.
Not sure how to directly send you an email so I hope you see this. Could you please recomend a ticket clinic to me that will cover Polk County, FL.

Thanks,
Phil

moburkes

weso18 said:
Not sure how to directly send you an email so I hope you see this. Could you please recomend a ticket clinic to me that will cover Polk County, FL.

Thanks,
Phil
See the little round button next to lwpat's name? Click it, then move your mouse down. You will be able to send a PM (private message). We don't do referrals on the boards. Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">