• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling commerical building

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brown Eyes

What is the name of your state? Texas I am selling ( owner financing) a 5000 sq. ft. commerical bldg to someone who is behind on payments. I have hot checks from the person. I live in another city. When I went to check on the bldg, the buyer has gutted out the building and is changing it entirely without my permission. The city stopped them from renovating the bldg because they did not have a proper permit. At this point the property has been devalued because of all the changes. Taxes and insurance are not kept up on the bldg. What do I do? I want compensation for the destruction of the bldg, back taxes, purchase price paid,filing fees. Someone said to file an injunction. What are the steps? Is it possible to do it myself? I filed in county court for them to vacate the premise. The bldg is empty because they lost their license for a nursing home. What is the next step?What is the name of your state?

xylene

Brown Eyes said:
What is the next step?
Get a lawyer maybe? See if your damages can be covered, and the bad mistake you made corrected?

Those would be starters.

Handle your business like a professional.

I know beanie baby collector who wouldn't contemplate a major deal without legal support.

This is a 5000 square foot building.

John Se

need more detail

Brown Eyes said:
What is the name of your state? Texas I am selling ( owner financing) a 5000 sq. ft. commerical bldg

Who's name is the title in???? you or the New owner???

the buyer has gutted out the building and is changing it entirely without my permission

Why should they get your permission? didnt you sell the building??

Taxes and insurance are not kept up on the bldg.

Is your note being serviced by a title company? they would normally impound for taxes and insurance?

QUOTE]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">