• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contempt?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

debret

:mad: What is the name of your state? Illinois
Short story married -divorced- bills split- EX not paying what divorce papers say, creditor calling me wanting money.... Should I tell them take us to court if he is not going to pay, our credit is already crap anyways and I am the only one paying on our old bills, can I take him back to court by a Motion for Contempt if he doesn't pay? I just don't want to pay for a lawyer to make him him pay for something he is already suppose to be paying for LOOSER! Can I do this through the court house on my own?What is the name of your state?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
debret said:
:mad: What is the name of your state? Illinois
Short story married -divorced- bills split- EX not paying what divorce papers say, creditor calling me wanting money.... Should I tell them take us to court if he is not going to pay, our credit is already crap anyways and I am the only one paying on our old bills, can I take him back to court by a Motion for Contempt if he doesn't pay? I just don't want to pay for a lawyer to make him him pay for something he is already suppose to be paying for LOOSER! Can I do this through the court house on my own?What is the name of your state?
Glad to know you care about paying the debts that you both ran up. You still have a legal responsibility to them regardless of what the divorce decree said -- the creditors are not a party to the judgment. You can take him back to court on a Motion to Show Cause. You can also ask that he pay your attorney fees. You can do it on your own but since you don't seem to have a basic understanding of what you are doing then I would not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">