• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Utah and how to pay a ticket..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AREJAY

What is the name of your state? WASHINGTON

I received a citation from Utah State Police on I-84 last month for an improper lane change.
As I was visiting this fine state, I had no way to visit the courthouse in Brigham City to find out what bail Not before 5 days and not after 14 days is the rule in Utah. I had come and gone by before the 5 days..
I sent a certified letter to the court inquiring about the bail amount so I could perhaps pay it. Letter was received and signed for 9 days after the citation was issued, withing the 14 day rule. No response to the letter was received, however today I received the "failier to appear" notice and a doubling of a fine that I still don't know what the original amount exactly is. The original citation does not make allowances for out of state visitors who receive a traffic citation. The notice I received today still insists that I "appear". Does anyone have a clue as to why Box Elder County Justice Court will not provide the original bail amount information as I had first requested? My basic question is this; What is the code in Utah for administering to traffic citations committed by out of state residents who just want to pay the damn thing and be done with it. Anybody?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">