• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Calif. fault/no fault state? Women truck drivers.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ltle

What is the name of your state? Ca Was side swiped by commercial truck. Other party going straight,the stops,I'm at a stand still. Truck decides to turn right, no signal light! and side swipes me! Anyway, I'm in pain.

Does IC determine fault? Police? I have witnesses, so does she. My side says no signal light, her side says I was too close to curb. Which wasn't cuz she was half way on double yellow. Also, found out that she was outside of truck route, on residential street taking a "short cut". She violated city ordinance.

Is Calif. a no fault state?

Thanks!!!

Fine, you're right I removed the statement about women truck drivers!!!!!!! It wasn't meant to be sexist!!! My apologies!!!!!

Last edited:

CdwJava

If a police report was taken at the scene, then fault as the state considers it will be determined by the police report. Fault for insurance liability will be determined by the insurance companies or a court using criteria that may or may not take into consideration the police report assignation of fault.

If no report was taken at the scene, CA law will prohibit the police from assigning fault on a cold report (aka a counter report).

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">