• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

annual leave entitlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I am in the state of GA and have been working for a company for six years. Over the years I have accrued several hours of annual leave. I have a three day work week and over the years have not taken much time off. When I went to personnel they informed me that I will forfeit any hours over 360. Because I was already at 334 hours I put in a few leave requests for the following months at the request of my supervisor. There is always a problem with stafffing and my manager said that if I could not find someone to cover my shift on my own, she would not approve any of my leave. Now I am in the position where I am forfeiting leave because they cannot find coverage for my shift. I have alread forfeited a total of 142 hours over the past two years. Now I am at the point of resigning because I feel that I have been done an injustice. Is there anything that I can do about this?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. WHat I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Well, if you quit, you are entitled to those accrued hours.

My suggestion: find someone to take over and take an extended vacation. : - ) But it seems to me, you have the right to take the time off -- it is THEIR responsibility (HR department) to find someone to take over for you while you are gone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">