• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car impounded

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

necole glenn

What is the name of your state? North Carolina
My car was impounded while I visit my cousin in an apartment complex. I knew the parking spaces up front were for residents and the they have some visitor parking. I know I parked my car in visitor but the manager said I wasn't. If I wasn't why did she have to tow my car. It is not if I was in some ones space. Most of the people that live there do not have a car. I know they have rules but is it fair for her to try and look for cars to tow?:mad:What is the name of your state?

moburkes

necole glenn said:
What is the name of your state? North Carolina
My car was impounded while I visit my cousin in an apartment complex. I knew the parking spaces up front were for residents and the they have some visitor parking. I know I parked my car in visitor but the manager said I wasn't. If I wasn't why did she have to tow my car. It is not if I was in some ones space. Most of the people that live there do not have a car. I know they have rules but is it fair for her to try and look for cars to tow?:mad:What is the name of your state?
What is your legal question? Were you or were you not parked in a visitor's space? By your post (I know they have rules, BUT/It is not if I was in some ones space/Most of the people that live there do not have a car) makes it appear as if you were parked in the residents' parking area, not the visitor's area.

fairisfair

yes, for crying out loud Necole, tell us the facts if you want an answer. The only question we are able to answer at this point, is "is it fair for her to look for cars to tow" the answer is YES, if they are parked in a manner that is against the complex's posted rules, it is fair.

necole glenn

Car Impound/Is it Right

Yes, I truly thought I parked in a visitors space but she said I didn't so it seems to be her word against mines. There was a tenant that said they was wondering why the car was been impound from the visitors spot also. So I was wondering how can I prove to her that I was not trying to disobey the rules plus I have people who seen my car there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">